My parents named me Mercedes Kiss...
I think kindness, beauty, strength, and HELL YES happiness lives within each of us. We are empowered to tap into that bottomless well of our true self when we feel freedom and encouragement.
That, my fabulous friends, is what I am here for.
I am here to write about the vulnerabilities we feel as young babes trying to get by, while offering up my own gritty examples, so that we may all connect on common ground. That's the starting point of truly good things: remembering we are ONE with one another.
I used to be an architect of fancy things (Park Ave apartments/luxe hotels/custom furniture).
⚡️Then there came a lightening bolt moment⚡️ when I realized I need to do what I actually care about:
- deepen relationships with humans not AutoCAD
- prioritize health not overtime
- smile not stress
a STAND out Future
I am now a holistic healer and empowerment advocate, devoted to helping you harnass your superpowers and unleash your standout life.
I want this site to be a magical star in the internet universe - a place where you can seek & find:
- Astrology 💥 Sun: Pisces_Rising: Capricorn_Moon: Virgo
- Spirit Animal 💥 Cheetah
- Soul Color 💥 Pastel Lavender (Pantone 14-3209) & Bright Crystal Blue (Pantone 2975 U)
- Myers-Briggs 💥 ENFJ (like Oprah and Barack and Neil deGrasse Tyson...decent company)
- Lucky Number 💥 23
- Food & Bev 💥 East coast oysters & mezcal (and my current favorite potion: "Mother Juice"...scroll down to #4)
- Coffee or Tea 💥 HERBAL tea (currently this or this)...bc caffeine makes me wild
- Exercise 💥 Running, yoga, super long walks (with podcasts or 👇🏾)
- Music 💥 Jazz, Rock n Roll, Sting
- Movies 💥 Sabrina, What About Bob?
- Books 💥 (Currently) Renegade Beauty (Just finished) Sweetbitter (Always) health/nutrition/holistic nonfiction...my bedside table is constantly stacked
- Beaches 💥 Mermaid's Chair St. Thomas, Magen's Bay St. Thomas, Nosara Costa Rica, East Hampton, Santa Barbara (Mesa Lane Steps)
- Mountains 💥 Anywhere with my dad and brothers
- Uniform 💥 Levi's & a white tee OR this disco lamé dress
EMPOWER the dynamic babe WITH
SUPERLATIVE SELF-CARE & SELF-FEROCITY.
I want you to know that you are
The origin story will be published soon, but for now it's good to know that this site, this business, this mission is an example of light born from darkness.
I spent many years feeling like the star the wrong movie. I was acting out someone else's script. And it was totally the wrong genre...think Holly Golightly in the Blair Witch Project. Long-story-short, I quit that shit.
I pulled a 180 on the trajectory of my life and began a quest for unapologetic authenticity. It's been a few years now -and the evolution is certainly ongoing- but so far I've cracked a few codes on
how to craft a life of expansive beauty, freedom, and abundance.
I want to burn my flame uniquely bright and true, hotter and fiercer, every damn day. And I want the same for you, gorgeous creature.
Below, please find the five areas of human experience I've established as pillars of exploration on this ride:
Our core consciousness. It is far more powerful than our tangible self (us from the skin in). Our soul is the intangible part of our being realizing its boundless strength. And its power, its strength, its radical energy lives in synchronicity with the birds, bees, flowers, trees, and the whole damn universe.
The curated community of human and non-human animals we choose to surround us, support us, challenge us, and ultimately amplify our own life's meaning.
The gifts we give to the world for its betterment. Art is all that is conjured by our mind, motivated by our heart, manufactured by our body, and contributed with honesty.
The gifts we take from the world for our betterment. Nourishment is all of the "good things" -to borrow Martha Stewart's barometer- created by man, the soil, and the sea.
The exchange of words between people, so that we may entertain stories, hold beliefs, challenge differences, learn lessons, and glean wisdom.
Check out WORDS for lifestyle recommendations, cool finds that I think are worth shouting out, and stories...from my unfiltered life...that I share with the hope that you can relate and feel connected in similar experience. I pair the writing with visual collages of my creation and edit.
I'll end this with a reminder and call to action: I think that in our increasingly tech-y age, the art of Dialogue (the last but not least pillar) is particularly important. We simply must ask questions and listen to others' opinions and narratives. Every single one of us has lead weird, cool, humiliating, heartbreaking, and victorious lives, and I'm here to remind you that your perspective stands out and is worthy of being heard.