My parents named me Mercedes Kiss...
I think kindness, beauty, strength, and HELL YES HAPPINESS lives within each of us. We are empowered to tap into that bottomless well of our true self when we feel freedom and encouragement.
✌🏽 That, my fabulous friends, is what I am here for. 💪🏾
I am here to write about the vulnerabilities we feel as young babes trying to get by, while offering up my own gritty examples, so that we may all connect on common ground. That's the starting point of truly good things: remembering we are ONE with one another.
I used to be an architect of fancy things (Park Ave apartments/luxe hotels/custom furniture).
⚡️ Then there came a lightening bolt moment⚡️ when I realized I need to do what I actually care about:
- deepen relationships with humans not AutoCAD
- prioritize health not (unpaid) overtime
- smile not stress
a STAND out Future
I am now a holistic healer and empowerment advocate...an architect for the soul.
I want this site to be a magical star in the internet universe - a place where you can seek & find:
- Astrology 💥 Sun: Pisces_Rising: Capricorn_Moon: Virgo
- Spirit Animal 💥 There are MANY: Cheetah & Otter & Hummingbird
- Favorite Animal 💥 Cheetah
- Soul Color 💥 Pastel Lavender (Pantone 14-3209)
- Myers-Briggs 💥 ENFJ (like Oprah and Barack and Neil deGrasse Tyson...#basic company)
- Lucky Number 💥 23
- Food & Bev 💥 East coast oysters & mezcal (and my current favorite potion: "Mother Juice"...scroll down to #4)
- Coffee or Tea 💥 HERBAL tea (currently this or this)...bc caffeine makes me bonkers
- Exercise 💥 Running, yoga, super long walks (with podcasts or 👇🏾)
- Music 💥 80's hair bands, 90's alternative, Fleetwood Mac, Sting
- Movies 💥 Sabrina, Father-of-the-Bride, What About Bob?
- Books 💥 Currently: Touch_Just finished: Sweetbitter_Always: health/nutrition/holistic nonfiction...my bedside table is constantly stacked
- Beaches 💥 Mermaid's Chair St. Thomas, Magen's Bay St. Thomas, Nosara Costa Rica, East Hampton, Santa Barbara (Mesa Lane Steps)
- Mountains 💥 Anywhere with my dad and brothers
- Uniform 💥 Denim cut-offs & a band tee OR this disco lamé dress
Help the dynamic babe of today feel
BEAUTIFUL, VIBRANT, & EXCEPTIONAL.
I want you to know that you are:
It started with the hope of cultivating the brightest life for myself, and sharing that light with others. My background in architecture and design told me that I needed a framework, so I selected five areas of human experience as pillars of inspiration:
Our core consciousness. It is far more powerful than our tangible self (us from the skin in). Our soul is the intangible part of our being realizing its boundless strength. And its power, its strength, its radical energy lives in synchronicity with the birds, bees, flowers, trees, and the whole damn universe.
The curated community of human and non-human animals we choose to surround us, support us, challenge us, and ultimately amplify our own life's meaning.
The gifts we give to the world for its betterment. Art is all that is conjured by our mind, motivated by our heart, manufactured by our body, and contributed with honesty.
The gifts we take from the world for our betterment. Nourishment is all of the "good things" -to borrow Martha Stewart's barometer- created by man, the soil, and the sea.
The exchange of words between people, so that we may entertain stories, hold beliefs, challenge differences, learn lessons, and glean wisdom.
Check out READS for lifestyle recommendations, cool finds that I think are worth shouting out, and stories...from fo real life...that I share in hopes that you can relate and feel connected in similar experience. I pair the writing with visual collages of my creation & edit, which a friend equated to "magical wonderlands." That's probably the best compliment I've ever received, so I'm putting it on the internet.
And I'll end this with a reminder & call to action: I think that in our increasingly tech-y age, the art of Dialogue (the last but not least pillar) is particularly important. We simply must ask questions and listen to others' answers, opinions, and narratives. Every single one of us has lead weird, cool, humiliating, heartbreaking, and victorious lives, and I'm here to remind you that your perspective stands out, and is needed.